Method of shipment depends on:
- cargo weight and dimensions
- general cargo shipments
cargo is classified as general when its weight does not exceed 0,5-5 tonnes and its dimensions 0,5-10 m3, all general cargo shipments aiming at the same place of destination are gathered in the port of loading until the amount of goods is enough to stuff the whole container, which is then loaded on the ship,
- container shipments
cargo is classified as container shipment when the whole container can be stuffed with cargo for one receiver, cubic dimensions, weight and type of the cargo must be specified in order to choose the appropriate container type, for detailed information about containers see [CONTAINER TYPES],
- transport responsibilities
contract parties the buyer and the seller choose the terms of delivery according to INCOTERMS 2000 definitions, on the basis of which transport obligations, costs and risk would be assigned to the right party [INCOTERMS]
- FOB shipments
FOB (free on board) + port of loading e.g. FOB Shanghai the buyer is responsible for the transport of goods and with the help of a forwarding agent organizes the shipment, pays for it and incurs the risk, he decides whether the cargo should be insured for the time of transport,
- CIF shipments
CIF (cost, insurance, freight) + port of destination e.g. CIF Gdynia the seller is responsible for the transport of goods and he organizes cargo delivery to the port of destination, pays for the transport and insurance, the risk is incurred by the buyer.
Terramar - forwarding and customs agent offers help with:
- choosing the best method and terms of delivery,
- checking commercial documentation,
- evaluating costs of transport,
- organizing sea shipments [SEA FREIGHT],
- organizing cargo reloading, discharging, warehousing and rail transport
[WAREHOUSING] [ROAD TRANSPORT],
- customs clearing - we are licensed customs agent [CUSTOMS AGENCY].
Process of delivering:
- specifying the terms of transport, the date of cargo readiness for delivery and choosing the forwarding agent,
- providing the forwarding agent with information about cargo type, weight, cubic dimensions and basic data about the exporter.
Attention: importer becomes the forwarding agent's client,
- forwarding agent books the shipment at the shipping line agent for carriage,
- the exporter receives routing order which is a confirmation of the shipment issued by the shipping line and its agent,
- the cargo is loaded on the ship,
- the shipment lasts approximately:
- general cargo - 5-6 weeks,
- container - 5 weeks.
Additional service of the forwarding agent:
- monitors the shipment,
- insures the shipment [INSURANCE],
- collects the shipment at the port of destination,
- organizes sanitary inspections,
- customs clears the goods in the chosen procedure [CUSTOMS AGENCY],
- secures customs duty payments (obtainable by special arrangements),
- transports the cargo from port to the place of destination [ROAD TRANSPORT].